approve followers instagram prada background prada picture chatgpt competitor prada scarf mens prada chest bag better than chatgpt build instagram followers gray prada bag gucci solde chatgpt 原理 prada thunder sneakers prada nylon handbag prada multipochette florence prada prada crystal sandals banana republic factory factory cass x prada prada cross body bags prada nylon hat prada boutiques 10 followers instagram adidas prada superstar prada key wallet chatgpt articles catalina island chamber of commerce builders supply st louis prada socks womens prada pattina bag large pinboard pleasant hawaiian holidays aaa buy gucci instagram 2000 followers gucvi roll of cork board m.nii clothing chatgpt plus price chatgpt writing code npr chatgpt chatgpt similar ai reflex blue cmyk cardinal supply cardinal building 50k instagram followers instagram followers 200 valentine tx prada prada mens eyewear prada women perfume covered bulletin board prada gifts prada sunglasses discount bondy yacht club uniforms followers instagram buy prada original bag instagram followers disappearing shoes outlets prada man shoes factory outlets online shopping yacht captains hat prada outlet locations prada wallet leather birkenstock outlet store ugg outlet prices chatgpt client gucci com outlet gucci españa herron printing prada best perfume patel house tampa rambutan ripe prada moccasin how to make wigs yacht captain hat prada sunglasse famoid instagram followers sheet of cork board men prada cologne prada derby shoes chatgpt چیست identity ray liotta prada label authentic online brand outlet rob thomas wife lupus instagram live followers tamagotchi new can you use eyelash glue for fake mustache prada show opoli vs uber hernan prada chatgpt error hair punch prada water splash chatgpt coin nakrutka instagram followers



TAXES > Individuals > Other Taxes > Alternative Minimum Tax (Form 6251)

Alternative Minimum Tax

The alternative minimum tax is the excess of the tentative minimum tax over the regular tax and prevents a taxpayer with substantial income from avoiding significant tax liability through the use of exclusions, deductions, and credits. For a taxpayer filing other than married separately, the tentative minimum tax is 26% of the "taxable excess" that doesn't exceed $175,000, plus 28% of the taxable excess above $175,000, reduced by the AMT foreign tax credit for the tax year. "Taxable excess" is the excess of alternative minimum taxable income for the tax year over the "exemption amount" of $175,000 ($87,500 for maried filing separately). Alternative minimum taxable income is taxable income plus or minus various "adjustments," plus tax preferences

The exempt portion of alternative minimum taxable income (AMTI) is:

married individuals filing jointly and surviving spouses: $45,000, less 25% of AMTI exceeding $150,000 (zero exemption when AMTI income is $330,000), unmarried individuals: $33,750, less 25% of AMTI exceeding $112,500 (zero exemption when AMTI is $247,500), and married individuals filing separately, estates and trusts: $22,500, less 25% of AMTI exceeding $75,000. But AMTI of married individuals filing separately must be increased by the lesser of $22,500 or 25% of the excess of AMTI (before considering this increase) over $165,000. In no case can the exemption amount be less than zero. Where a child is subject to the "kiddie tax", the child's AMT exemption amount may not exceed the child's earned income for the tax year plus $5,000 for 1998 ($5,100 for 1999). But the exemption computed under this limit can't be more than the child's regular AMT exemption ($33,750 before phaseout).

AMT adjustments differ from preferences. Adjustments involve a substitution of AMT treatment of an item for the regular tax treatment. A preference involves the addition of the difference between the AMT treatment and the regular tax treatment. Some (but not all) adjustments can be negative amounts, i.e., they may result in alternative minimum taxable income that's less than taxable income. Tax preferences can't be negative amounts.

  © 2012 TaxPro Financial Network Inc.

TaxPro Financial Network Inc.
PO Box 1291
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598-8291

Phone (914) 962-1900
Fax (914) 992-7800